Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Imogene Run!

Two weeks ago Jon did a race called the Imogene Trail Run... it is an insane race! The race is 17 miles long and reaches up to 13,100 ft. So you run straight up hill for 10 miles!! I am so proud of Jon, what a huge accomplishment!

We stayed up in a cabin that was on the course Jon ran, so cookie and I got to cheer him on at mile 4!Poor Jon pulled his groin muscle on the way up, and on the way down he had a little crash, but he finished strong! Here is Jon with his war wounds. I think Jon was mostly sad about his phone breaking!
Jon and Jim Gebbarht after the raceIt was a great weekend, we stayed in the Gebbarht's cabin, played games, ate yummy food and went on a few mini hikes!

11 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks like fun! I like all your pics, but I have to admit, the last two of Cookie are my favorite.

I'm glad you had a great race/weekend!

three dogs and a logan couple said...

Wait, he broke his phone!?

Jessie said...

Great job Jon! Looks awesome. And you and cookie are adorable.

Tylershark said...

Not the phone!!!! Well the marathon next week should be easy compared to losing your phone.

Mandi said...

Oh my gosh Jon, nice work! Just reading about all that running made me feel like I already worked out:)I am sad for you that your phone broke, I know you loved it like it was another kid. Miss you guys!

Camari said...

You rock, Jon! There is no way I could do that. Next, try running that race with Cookie strapped to your back. However if your phone broke, who knows what would happen to your poor child. Never mind, that's probably a bad idea. I'll leave that up to Gina instead. She's not a dropper!!

David Brown said...

Shoes Jon! Where are the Vibrams? Great job, looks like a great run.

DMom said...

Absolutely incredible!

amber said...

It must have been an iphone. A blackberry would have survived;)

Looks like a great weekend, except for the running part! Brooklyn is such a cutie! Hope to see you guys soon..

Anonymous said...

Wow! The cooks are amazing!

LanaB said...

Great job Jon but sorry about your phone. I can't believe that's the cookie she's growing so fast. Miss you all.