Saturday, January 8, 2011

December in a Nutshell

December came and went too quickly that I didn't have a chance to sit down and blog! So here we go with some highlights!

Jon and I went to this fun pizza place downtown, which was fantastic. We took Cookie and she got her very own Mac and Cheese.. apparently Mac and Cheese is the best food in the world.

I made these delicious Christmas treats with my sister.. big mistake, it took all day to make all these goodies however I think they were delicious!
My mom sent this super cute outfit for Cookie, her shirt says Daddy's little cookie. Let me tell you that is the truth she is a daddy's girl to the core, follows Jon all around the house when he is home.The week of Christmas Cookie and I got the flu.. not fun, but by Christmas morning she was back to her normal happy self. For Christmas Eve, we had yummy food, wrote nice notes, acted out the nativity of course, opened one present, and most fun of all played sardines. Oh and yes, Jon requested no pj's for Christmas this year, so we found him these lovely shorts instead, just call him Mr. Jingles!Santa also brought me this delicious cold coke for Christmas morning!A few days after Christmas we headed up to the Nelson cabin, which was lovely as always. Utah was stinking cold, and it snowed a ton. It took Jon and I over 1 1/2 hours to get the car up onto the driveway!! So needless to say we spent most of our time just hanging at the cabin. We did venture up to Salt Lake, saw the lights (for all of 10min. due to cold)!! Scott, Eric, Hillary and Adam all came to the cabin for dinner and a fun night of poker. Hillary and I won.. yeah were awesome. For New Years Jill and Drew and the boys came to the cabin late at night, we played games, ate more yummy food, and barely stayed up till midnight! We also went sledding on a hill right close to the cabin, it was a pretty great and cozy little get away!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

sounds so fun!

three dogs and a logan couple said...

My favorite is the Mac-N-Cheese photo, love her! It was great to see you guys over the break. Have fun on your cruise you lucky dogs!

DMom said...

Would have loved to see you but it was not to be.
What - no pictures of the truck!!!!!

Heather said...

She's getting soooo big! When did that happen? Glad you had a great holiday!

Erin said...

Yuck (to the snow not the rest of your post), I am so glad snow comes in small doses here...are those your nephew's? cause now I feel really really old!