Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We "Rocked" The Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon!!


Here we are before the race starts!

So it finally came and we survived!! My sister convinced Jon and I to run a half marathon so we started training about mid Oct. for the run last weekend! It has been so much fun going out rain or shine to run with Jon and to push ourselves, before this the longest I could run was 3 miles and I was dying. We headed to AZ with our friends Mike and Kaila whom we suckered to run the race with us as well! There was so much energy morning of the race and so many people, we started in the 4th corral out of 30 so before the race started Jon picked me up to look at the crowd and I saw nothing but people, they also had rock bands and cheer teams every mile to cheer us on. Jonathan and I ran the first two miles together and then he jetted forward, he finished at 1:54 and I finished at 2:12 both were under our target times we wanted so we were well pleased, specially cause the longest we had ran before this was 9 miles! It was such a great accomplishment I was so proud! at the end of the race we got medals and Popsicles and other tasty treats.. it was just fun and such a rush!
I don't have a picture of Jill and I at the race but want her to know that she inspires me to run great among other things! Stay tuned for our other running adventures, Jon and I plan to make this our year of running which we hope continues but we going for one year at a time, we have made plans for some other runs this year so I'll keep you updated!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

It was so good to see you guys! I'm so glad you came down to hang out with us :) It looks like you had a great time in CA too. You guys are awesome! Keep Markie in line, would ya?

Claire Thompson said...

Congrats thats awesome!!

Camari said...

Congratulations! You are a lot tougher than me, I think if I were to run a marathon, I'd fall down dead before the end of the race! You go, girl!

DMom said...

Great Job! I will have to run one with you - in the next life.

jharmon said...

love you!

DMom said...

I keep watching for your cruise blog. You have so many back-to-back adventures that you probably need to pace yourself in blogging so we don't get overwhelmed. That is my problem - ha, ha. I actually have to attend school in order to graduate, which cuts down considerably on blog worthy events.

Lovely Lindsay said...

i am so impressed with you, g. you inspire me! you've always had that competitive drive to do cool stuff like this.

Jessie said...

Nice work G! You are amazing. Can't wait to see more...

Michelle said...

Congrats on finishing the race..and beating your goal time!!! That is awesome, and I'm jealous! Running gets a little harder to do with a little baby in your belly :) Are you guys planning on running the salt lake 1/2?

Goodmans said...

congrats on your race. You inspire me!! So it wasn't so bad??