Tuesday, February 26, 2008

SnowBoard Heaven


So do you ever really love something do it a ton, get busy forget about it, forget that you love something so much and then once you get out there and do it again.. wonder how in the world you went so long without doing that thing you loved? Well I just had this experience, Amber and Chris came to town (so fun) and invited us up for a day of snowboarding. I have to tell you I was a little nervous as the last time I hit the slopes was two years ago.. can you believe it two years have passed. I used to go on all my snowboard adventures with my girl Jessie we learned together we fell together, and we tried to do mini-jumps we loved it loved it. Then Jess moved away and I have been busy with work and then there is always the issue of money. All this said Monday brought back memories, the snow was powdery it was perfect. Jon did a great job as it was only his third time going, Amber and Chis were pro's and I would have to say all in all I was quite impressed. We have now decided we need to go at least 1-2 times more before the season is up. The whole weekend was great as we got to spend time with family and friends!

Here we are chilling on the side of the snow bank, we were getting pretty tired!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! We really want to go with you guys soon!

jharmon said...

Isn't it funny that we both took off from life to hit the slopes! what great weather! Can't wait to see you this next weekend!! Yeah!
love ya,
Jill

Amber said...

Admit it - you always have a good time with us! There's more to come in March - I'll let you know the details soon:) But I can't promise the lavish meals (Raffi's not coming!)
xo,
Amber

DMom said...

What fun! I am jealous - not of snowboarding because they would carry me off the mountain in a stretcher - but because you all were together having such a good time. I miss you all.

daniellejackson said...

I'm so jealous!!! I snowboarded like 6 seasons in my younger days. You have to help me convince Steve to try it so we can go with you!!

Jessie said...

Can I come please please PLEASE! Wow, I miss that. It was perfect, Gina, twilight at Sundance, we could go to class then hit our favorite runs in the afternoon with a bowl of chili and a cranberry juice for lunch, still with plenty of time left in the day. I'm so glad you got to go!

Kristen said...

That looks like a blast. I'm glad you got your snow fix.

Now it's time for your St. George 60 degree weather fix.

Rooms are available at Nelson Suites...

Camari said...

I have to agree with mom, not that I'm jealous that you went snowboarding, I have a tendency to fall down a lot. After you're done visiting everyone you know on the West Coast, how 'bout you take a trip over to visit your other favorite sister-in-law on the East Coast. Aric can teach you the real way to surf!

Lovely Lindsay said...

and so continues the adventures of jonina! i dare you guys to stay home and sit still this weekend!! i saw your mama and your brit this weekend and i am missing you.

Michelle said...

I didn't know you guys snowboard?! Why didn't you come with us when we were up there for Christmas? You should definitely check out Snow Basin. It was awesome. Keep the posts coming; I love to see what you guys are up to!!!