Monday, September 17, 2007

Wind Rivers

So Jon's dad just sent us some pictures from our backpacking trip to the wind rivers and I thought I would post some of them!! The trip looking back on it was really fun, it was 5 days long and we covered some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen. Kent did a great job as our camp cook, which I was really happy about because it's hard to spice up backpacking food. Let's see some highlights from the trip were getting hailed on while in the tent, boys knocking over the tree for some wood, singing songs on the trail with Jon and David, playing cards with Eric even though he beat me ever time, campfires, laying awake at night wondering if I was going to be eaten by bears, Clint sharing his coveted sharp cheese and crackers, making it to camp and knowing you don't have to hike any more that day, moleskin for my blisters, just being with family and friends.

4 comments:

Claire Thompson said...

Ooohh, ouch on the feet, glad you had fun. You've now walked a day in the life of a kid with EB.

DMom said...

Dad loved the trip and I often find him browsing through the pictures. I think having so much of his family is his beloved outdoors was heaven on earth for him.

Camari said...

You are a trooper! Not necessarily going on a week long backpacking trip, but being the only female on a week long backpacking trip...with ALL five male members of the Cook family! I'm sure you witnessed just how competitive they can be?! Just as long as you proved 'em all wrong, right!?! :)

Jessie said...

Impressive Gina! It looks beautiful and fun! You always amaze me...when are you going to run a marathon huh?