Monday, August 18, 2008

Does it get more beautiful then Alaska?

Recenlty Jon and I took an Alaskan cruise with some of the Cook side of the family and it was amazing. I really feel I have never seen a place so beautiful. Some of the main highlights from the trip were: Zip lines in Ketchakan, were we went down seven different lines and 3 floating bridges, celebrating Jon's Birthday and having the waiters sing to him, the glacier in Juneau was the best part for me. We took a helicopter ride for about 1/2 hour and then landed on the glacier. We were dressed in gear with cramp ons and ice picks, and hiked around the glacier, drank glacier water, rappelled down the ice, it was so incredible. In Skagway I got to see two of my uncles, my Aunt Karla and cousin Kristen which was super fun and we got yummy fudge from their shop which was devoured in about 1 day! We also went on a sweet hiking trail which took us up to lower lake, we walked around town and of course had ice cream. In Sitka we found a nature walk trail that everyone went on, and then Jon and I found an amazing trail run, the best ever. The trail was great with just the right amount of up's and down's, we had to keep yelling bear as we ran as to make sure we did not run into one! About 3 1/2 miles up we both had a feeling we should turn around and head back to town. In Anchorage we mostly chilled and at yummy food, walked the town, and somehow Jon and I got the honeymoon sweet room that included a jucuzzi right in the middle... I really can't complain! The boat was great with plenty to eat, and rounds of settlers to be played. The whole trip was just amazing however trips are always more fun when your surrounded by friends and family, thanks for making it the best Amber and Chris, Kent and Debbie!!!

The above pictures are of Skagway and Sitka.

Above Pictures.. The Glacier


Above Pictures the zip lines, we even got medals!



Above pictures.. The boat life!

Sorry for some reason when I make these they create duplicate pictures.. whoops Also you can click on the grid to make them bigger!!

10 comments:

DMom said...

I could go back tomorrow - no. . . today.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Those pics were totally worth waiting for...soooo beautiful!! I love the one of you in the glacier and it's all blue, amazing. I totally want to go now...it looks so beautiful and so much to do there as well!! Thanks for posting those! : )

Camari said...

The next time you go, I'm going! I am totally sold on this Alaskan cruise thing. Your pictures are awesome. I especially like the glacier. That would be so cool, literally, to see!!

DMom said...

Okay Gina - your pictures are incredible. Where is my CD?
ps - how's the job hunting going?

Jessie said...

Hey G. This is a great post. Looks like you had a blast. I'm lovin the picture with the fur and the sunglasses, it made me giggle. You NEED to give me a call so I can hear about CA. Love you!

daniellejackson said...

How fun is that! Love the pics! So are you gettin settled down there? No, Steve didn't do anything to his hair :) We would love you to visit!

Anonymous said...

looks like tons of fun!!!

Tylershark said...

Wow!

Emily said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. Maybe next time we will be able to go. We miss you guys a lot!

The Fifes said...

I am SO jealous! You go everywhere! Thanks for sharing all the fun photos! And sad you're gone too, but happy for all to come. Are you having fun? What are you guys up to? I guess i'll keep reading your blog to find out!