Sunday, November 22, 2009

Introducing Brooklyn Paige Cook... A.K.A. The Cookie

So finally I am getting around to posting about our sweet baby! At 8:20 Monday the 9th my water broke! Jon and I were were in shock, super excited and border line hyper about the situation. We had nothing packed or ready to go, our house was a mess and we had not done our grocery shopping.. perfect timing for the baby to come.. 10 days early!
So we got to the hospital around 9, and just hung out for a while, walked around, we were off to a great start. Around noon they wanted to get me on petossin, and then around 4 I got the epidural. Things were still going well until around 8 but then the baby's heartbeat was going into stress and I was not progressing far enough along. The baby was faced the wrong direction, so around 9 I was told we needed to do an emergency C-section.. yikes.. and yes I totally cried. It all worked out and at 9:50 our beautiful baby girl was born!! 7lbs. 8oz and 19.5 inches long, we are in love!Here is Jon the proud Daddy!
She is such a good baby, sleeps well, hardly cries and is healthy .. which has been a life saver for Jon and I as we have had a crazy week after the baby was born. We are so grateful for this baby girl, for the gift of life, for all your sweet prayers and support. Words truly cannot express how grateful we feel!

20 comments:

DMom said...

what a beautiful "cookie." I can't wait to see her. We are planning on New Year's Eve in Gr. Junction. Kristen and Tyler too. And maybe Grandma and Grandpa Wood. You ready for all this???

BYU 9th said...

We love her already~! She looks just like her parents!

BYU 9th said...

byu 9th is Kaila & Mike

lacie said...

she is just precious. I am still trying to talk to you. We keep playing phone tag. I love you and hope everything is better for you guys

Mark & Bek said...

Russ Russ just asked me if he could marry her? Can he? She is so cute. Congratulations

Jessie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! She's gorgeous. I love you guys!

daniellejackson said...

Congrats guys! She's a beauty! Glad everything turned out well! Have fun!

Kristen said...

She is lovely. I can't wait to meet her in person. How is everyone feeling? Hopefully well!

three dogs and a logan couple said...

So adorable! Its crazy to see Jonathan holding a baby. I'm happy all is well, I know that first week was crazy. I can't wait to see her!

The Fifes said...

congratulations!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is such a little sweetie!!! So precious. You forget how tiny they are. I'm so happy for you both!!! Fun times ahead!!!

The Proctors said...

Congrats! She is cute!!

M-Lissa and B-Rett said...

We are so jealous! We may come by and babysnatch her in the night so keep a close eye on her...a very close eye.

Dave and Britni said...

She's adorable guys!!! Congratulations!

Lovely Lindsay said...

oh! little brooklyn! i want to cuddle you up so badly! hope you are having better days, g. you are seriously ah-mazing. love, lin

Brent and Emily said...

Yay! :)

Johnson Family said...

She's so beautiful! I need more pictures :-)
Love you-KP

Camari said...

Congratulations, guys! She is beautiful!!

Mark & Bek said...

Congrats. Come visit sometime. p.s. - not in n.z. - cali

Stacey Bacon said...

Congrats Gina! She is beautiful. What a good mix of the two of you.