Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dinner Fun!

The dinner festivities began, Jon and I had been talking all day about making homemade pizza and buying our coveted coke! We have been restricting our soda intake which Jon is really good about and I'm still struggling, so when Jon suggested that coke would be the perfect drink to go along with our Homemade pizza I was extatic!! So we headed to go our cokes which I drank as soon as we purchased and Jon put his in the Freezer to get nice and icy for the pizza. So we made our pizza which turned out amazing by the way, and Jon got his coke out of the freezer and had a bit of a coke explosion which he tried very hard to gulp down as it was coming out as to not get a ton of soda everywhere! I laughed so hard and got a picture, needless to say his coke didn't taste very good after that!
Here is Jon and the explosion, and below is our delicious BBQ Chicken Pizza!

So this isn't the best angle, but Here is the Recipe if you want to make it for yourself:
For the Dough:
2 1/4 tsp. yeast
1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 warm water
Dissolve yeast and brown sugar in warm water and let stand for 10min.
Then Mix
1tsp. salt
2tbls. olive oil
3 1/3 C Flour
Let the dough rise 15-20 minutes

Roll out dough and add toppings for whatever kind of pizza you want. This one had a stuff crust with string cheese in the center, then the toppings consisted of Famous Dave's Sweet and Saucy BBQ sauce, mozz cheese and colby jack cheese, and grilled chicken spiced to taste!
Bake till it looks done at 425 !!! (Golden Brown) Also I bake mine on a pizza stone that has olive oil and corn mill on the bottom.

8 comments:

Lovely Lindsay said...

mmmmk. the soda thing... dumb rule. ok, ok. it's not really dumb. i only say that because i don't have enough self control. it's a pop a day for me. dear jon, you should have followed gina's lead and gulped the soda first thing. instant gratification is much better than ice cold soda foam.

Claire Thompson said...

oohhh! BBQ chicken pizza, I always add red onions and cilantro to mine. Also, I read the CPK cookbook and they said something about leaving the dough in the fridge over night after the 1st rising. I just read the book, never made anything out of it, maybe someday but right now I'm trying to perfect my Indian food, you'll have to try it when you visit. BTW where are you staying when you come for thanksgiving? I asumed Chris and Amber but if more family are in town you are more than welcome to stay with us.

Tylershark said...

Mmmmmmmm... homemade pizza.

Goodmans said...

The pizza looks good. I'll have to try the recipe.

jharmon said...

I love you guys! The pizza looks amazing! Can't wait to see you both, hopefully soon.

Jessie said...

Love love BBQ pizza. I must confess I usually do Boboli. I think its all about the right BBQ sauce. Yum yum. I really like the above cilantro adivce.

Kristen said...

Someone should inform Jon that that is not the kind of "coke" you inhale.

DMom said...

Your pizza looks delicious (I will take a pass on the Coke). When this semester is over and I have time to breathe, I will have to try it.