Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gobble Gobble

So for Thanksgiving we took off to sunny California to visit the Thompson's, and we had so much fun!! We arrived on Thursday morning but had to leave on Sunday evening so it was a short trip, but it brought back so many memories of this summer. It was great to be somewhere and know your way around and to think of Jon and I's first few months together as newlyweds, it was so fun to be with the Thompson's who we have missed so much.
We headed to Gladstone's to dinner on Thursday which is always fun it's a little restaurant on the beach.. we did have one small hiccup on the way over in which I threw up all over Jon's lap.. yikes not good but he was really sweet about it and luckily I didn't make anyone else sick as we were all in the car on the freeway. We played great games of settlers, and chatted, and we got to see the Nelson's also which was so fun. It's always nice to spend time with family, so we were really glad for the opportunity! Grace certainly remembered Jonny as she just loves him and gets all giggly when he is around.. it's the cutest thing ever.
Thanksgiving is such a good time of year to reflect on all the things were thankful for, and Jon and I feel so blessed. I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I had planned but here is what I did get!

6 comments:

Camari said...

What a fun weekend!! It sounds like your Thanksgiving was a memorable one. Settlers!?! I love Settlers!! Of course, I'm not very good at it. It's just fun to watch!

Jessie said...

Sounds like fun. So who's this girl Jon is making out with?

Claire Thompson said...

Kinda looks like Grace is resuscitating Jon!! It was fun to hang out, hope your feeling better.

Kristen said...

It was so fun to see you! If only we all lived closer together, it would be Settlers every night!

Also, that picture with Grace is hilarious. Better watch out, it looks like a young blondie is after your man!

It isn't fair how photogenic Amber is. She always looks good! I usually look somewhat pained in pictures. (Especially when I am behind in a Settlers game!)

Amber said...

Come back! We had a blast with you guys! Can't wait for January!!!

Our settler warm-up games were nice, but lets get serious next time your in town and have a real game:)

DMom said...

I am so Thompson sick. We are going for Christmas and I can't wait. It has been too long.
Is Grace a little Amber, or what!!!