Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Red Pine Lake Hike

Two weekends ago we headed up Little Cotten Wood Canyon to hike RedPine. One of Jon's favorite Utah hike is up to Red Pine and then on to the Pfiefferhorn, however we were not able to make it all the way up to the Pfiefferhorn as the area was still completley covered in snow. We figured though that the 8 mile round trip hike to the lake would be good enough, even then about a half mile of the trek was in snow.

The trail was great and the area was so beautiful, I can see why Jon loves it so much. Jon was like a shot deer and ran most of the way, I was totally impressed! Here are a few pics!

5 comments:

daniellejackson said...

Looks like fun! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

i think i Pfeifferhorned in my pants

DMom said...

If I didn't know better - I would swear the stud in the hat is my husband - who, by the way, was in torture not to be with you. That is sacred ground you were on.

Goodmans said...

Tag you're it....Check out my blog to see - Tiff

Lisa Newman said...

Do you two ever stop moving? :) Not that it's a bad thing. Take care and let me know if you are ever in the area.